There will be times when you may not want to enrol in a full qualification and just need to complete one or two units from the Community Pharmacy qualifications to increase your skills or take on a new role in the pharmacy. You may need to complete the dispensary units so that you can take on the role of dispensary assistant or you may need specialist skills in recruitment, stock control or product knowledge.
Individual units also provide the benefit of completing an accredited and nationally recognised unit without having to undertake a full qualification. Units completed may be credited towards a full qualification in the future.
Simply review the list of units available in each of the community pharmacy qualifications and select those that will help consolidate your role in the pharmacy. Please note that some unit may have pre-requisite requirements and you may need to enrol and complete multiple units.
This is a single unit of study and must be completed within 2 months. The time required to completed may be reduced depending on the level of experience and knowledge of the learner.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However students need to be employed in a community pharmacy.
Students will be asked to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI) during enrolment. This is a government requirement for nationally accredited training. Follow the steps below to create/find your USI.
Note: Students under the age of 18 will be required to obtain consent from a parent/guardian as part of the enrolment. This is a requirement when enrolling into nationally accredited training courses. Details for the consent form can be found below.
These units are delivered via workbook and completed whilst working in a community pharmacy. A verbal assessment with a Guild Trainer and a supervisors evidence report will also be required.
List of Units Available
- BSBCUS401 – Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBLDR403 – Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT403 – Implement continuous improvement
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTWHS003 – Maintain work health and safety
- SIRCCCS001 – Interact with pharmacy customers
- SIRCCCS002 – Provide and promote services to pharmacy customers
- SIRCCPM001 – Assist in managing Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines
- SIRCCPM002 – Coordinate a pharmacy quality system
- SIRCCPM003 – Lead and develop pharmacy teams
- SIRCCPM004 – Manage pharmacy sales and service delivery
- SIRCCPM005 – Manage pharmacy premises, equipment and merchandise
- SIRCCPM006 – Develop a pharmacy product and service range
- SIRCDIS001 – Assist customers with prescriptions
- SIRCDIS003 – Assist in dispensing prescriptions
- SIRCDIS004 – Assist in preparing dose administration aids
SIRCDIS006 – Maintain dispensary stock
- SIRCDIS007 – Administer dispensary computer system and claims
- SIRCDIS008 – Coordinate service to residential care facilities
- SIRCHCS001 – Support the management of obstructive sleep apnoea
- SIRCHCS002 – Supply and hire home health care aids and equipment
- SIRCHCS003 – Test blood pressure and advise on self-monitoring
- SIRCHCS004 – Test blood glucose and advise on equipment and services for diabetes management
- SIRCHCS006 – Coordinate pharmacy health promotions
- SIRCIND001 – Work effectively in a community pharmacy
- SIRCIND002 – Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines
- SIRCINF001 – Use pharmacy practices for infection control
- SIRCPPA001 – Assist customers with vitamins, minerals and supplements
- SIRCPPA002 – Assist customers with eye and ear care products
- SIRCPPA003 – Assist customers with first aid products
- SIRCPPA004 – Assist customers with oral care products
- SIRCPPA005 – Assist customers with cough and cold relief products
- SIRCPPA006 – Assist customers with skin and anti-fungal products
- SIRCPPA007 – Assist customers with pregnancy and maternal health products and services
- SIRCPPA008 – Assist customers with products for gastro-intestinal conditions
- SIRCPPA009 – Assist customers with allergy relief products
- SIRCPPA010 – Assist customers with analgesic and anti-inflammatory products
- SIRCPPA011 – Assist customers with baby and infant care products
- SIRCPPA012 – Assist customers with asthma-care aids and equipment
- SIRCPPA013 – Assist customers with smoking cessation products
- SIRCPPA014 – Assist customers with continence management products
- SIRCPPA015 – Assist customers with wound care products
- SIRCPPA017 – Assist customers with complementary medicines
- SIRCPPA018 – Assist customers with women’s and men’s health care products
- SIRRINV001 – Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRRINV002 – Control stock
- SIRRMER001 – Produce visual merchandise displays
- SIRXCEG003 – Build customer relationships and loyalty
You will be contacted by a Guild Training team member after completing and submitting the online pre-enrolment form