Victorian Government VET Student Enrolment Privacy Notice
Victorian Government VET Student Enrolment Privacy Notice The Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Training (the Department), develops, monitors and funds vocational education and training (VET) in Victoria. The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring that Victorians have access to appropriate and relevant VET services. Any personal information collected by the Department for VET purposes is protected in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic).
Collection of your data
The Pharmacy Guild is required to provide the Department with student and training activity data. This includes personal information collected in The Pharmacy Guild’s enrolment form and unique identifiers such as the Victorian Student Number (VSN) and the Commonwealth’s Unique Student Identifier (USI).
The Pharmacy Guild provides data to the Department in accordance with the Victorian VET Student Statistical Collection Guidelines, available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/training/providers/rto/Pages/datacollection.aspx.
Use of your data
The Department uses student and training data, including personal information, for a range of VET purposes including administration, monitoring and planning. A student’s USI may be used for specific VET purposes including the verification of student data provided by The Pharmacy Guild; the administration and audit of VET providers and programs; education-related policy and research purposes; and to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies.
Disclosure of your data
As necessary and where lawful, the Department may disclose VET data, including personal information, to its contractors, other government agencies, professional bodies and/or other organisations for VET-related purposes. In particular, this includes disclosure of VET student and training data to the Commonwealth and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER).
Legal and Regulatory
The Department’s collection and handling of enrolment data and VSNs is authorised under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic). The Department is also authorised to collect and handle USIs in accordance with the Student Identifiers Act 2014 (Cth) and the Student Identifiers Regulation 2014 (Cth).
You may be contacted to participate in a survey conducted by NCVER or a Department-endorsed project, audit or review relating to your training. This provides valuable feedback on the delivery of VET programs in Victoria.
Please note you may opt out of the NCVER survey at the time of being contacted.
Consequences of not providing your information
Failure to provide your personal information may mean that it is not possible for you to enrol in VET and/or to obtain a Victorian Government VET subsidy. Access, correction and complaints You have the right to seek access to or correction of your own personal information.
You may also complain if you believe your privacy has been breached. For further information, please contact The Pharmacy Guild’s Privacy Officer in the first instance by phone 9810 9988 or email email@example.com
For further information about the way the Department collects and handles personal information, including access, correction and complaints go to: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Pages/privacypolicy.aspx.
For further information about Unique Student Identifiers, including access, correction and complaints, go to: http://www.usi.gov.au/Students/Pages/student-privacy.aspx
National Privacy Notice
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, The Pharmacy Guild of Australia
(‘PGA’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Your personal information may be collected, stored, used and disclosed by us for the following purposes:
- To develop, administer, deliver, provide and manage training, training materials and assessment services;
- To report to the National Secretariat of the Pharmacy Guild of Australia on any training and assessment services developed, administered, delivered or provided by us;
- To report to Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments, authorities and agencies and nominated Australian Apprenticeship Support Networks as required to comply with our obligations to those organisations and as required to enable you to undertake and complete your training;
- To report to your employer and your school (if you are attending school) on the outcome of any training in which you were enrolled (including without limitation, the results of any assessment undertaken as part of that training);
- To provide you, free of charge, with marketing communications on training that may be of interest to you (including through SMS, e-mails, telephone and other forms of messages);
- Organisations conducting student surveys;
- Researchers; and
- As otherwise authorised, permitted or required by law.
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
You may gain access to any of your personal information held by The Pharmacy Guild upon request. You may also withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us in writing. However, you should note that if we are not provided with the personal information we require, or if you withdraw your consent for the collection, use, storage or disclosure of your personal information, it may prevent us from providing training and assessment services to you. . If you have any questions about your privacy rights, or the way in which we collect, use, manage or disclose personal information, our staff would be happy to answer your questions or provide you with further information.