The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s ‘Delivering Immunisation in a Community Pharmacy Setting’ program will provide pharmacist participants with the knowledge, and skills to safely and competently provide vaccination within the community pharmacies as part of the Victorian Pharmacist-Administered Vaccination Program. This program has been recognised by the Victorian Chief Health Officer as an ‘Immuniser program of study’.
The program provides a background to immunisation in Australia, familiarises pharmacists with the resources that are available to support immunisation services, outlines the regulatory requirements which cover the provision of immunisation services within pharmacy, and provides practical skill-based training in safe injection technique.
Pharmacists successfully completing this program will obtain a certificate issued by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
Guild Member pharmacy – $500.00 (includes employees of member pharmacies – confirmed during enrolment)
Non-member pharmacy – $640.00
Fees are GST-free and inclusive of all workshop materials and catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
This program is a blended learning program consisting of two components.
- Online Pre-Learning Modules: approx 15.5 hours (including assessments). Modules must be successfully completed prior to attending the workshop.
- Face to face Workshop: 8 hours. The workshop will include theory and practical demonstrations and activities. Assessment will require participants to administer saline injections and be assessed on injection techniques.
To successfully complete the course, registered pharmacists must provide evidence of completion and currency of the following pre-requisites
- Current general registration with AHPRA (confirmed during enrolment).
- ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for pharmacists. Successful completion of this free online training course. Available at: http://etrainingpharm.ascia.org.au/
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), current certificate. This should be renewed every three years.
- Provide CPR (HLTAID001), current certificate*. This should be renewed yearly (* not required if HLTAID003 was completed within 12 months of the workshop date).
- Online Pre-Learning Modules, successful completion of all modules and assessments. The pre-learning modules will be made available on your myCPD account within 5 working days from receipt of your registration. You will receive notification via email once available.
Please forward evidence of the above requirements and documents/certificates of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will be issued a Statement of Completion on successful completion of the program requirements. Pre-requisites must be met and satisfactory completion of the online pre-work prior to attending the one day workshop.
Participants will be required during the final assessment, to administer saline injections on another person to demonstrate they can safely and competently administer a vaccine. This will be supervised and assessed by a Nurse Immuniser or Pharmacist who meets the supervision requirements. Participants will be provided with a consent form to accept saline injections as part of the final assessment activities.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Participants who wish to cancel or withdraw from the course must notify The Pharmacy Guild of Australia – Victoria Branch in writing to email@example.com
- A participant wishing to cancel or withdraw from the course prior to course commencement may apply for a refund. Where approved, a refund will be 80% of the total course fee. A course is deemed to have commenced when any online or printed material have been provided or accessed. Once the course has commence no refund will apply.
- A minimum number of participants must be registered for a course to proceed. Registrants will be advised in due time if a course does not proceed. The participant will be provided the option of transferring to the next available course or offered a full refund.
- In the unlikely event that the course is unable to be delivered (i.e. unforeseen circumstances), the participant will be provided the option of transferring to the next available course or offered a full refund.
- Request for changes of workshop date received up to 14 days before the workshop date are allowed without penalty. Changes within 14 days will be considered subject to availability and incur an additional charge equal to 50% of the course fee.
- Course fees are non-transferable.