The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s ‘Delivering Immunisation in a Community Pharmacy Setting’ program will provide pharmacist participants with the knowledge, and skills to safely and competently provide vaccination within the community pharmacies as part of the Victorian Pharmacist-Administered Vaccination Program. This program has been recognised by the Victorian Chief Health Officer as an ‘Immuniser program of study’.
The program provides a background to immunisation in Australia, familiarises pharmacists with the resources that are available to support immunisation services, outlines the regulatory requirements which cover the provision of immunisation services within pharmacy, and provides practical skill-based training in safe injection technique.
Pharmacists successfully completing this program will obtain a certificate issued by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.
Guild Member pharmacy – $580.00 (includes employees of member pharmacies – confirmed during enrolment)
Non-member pharmacy – $850.00
Fees are GST-free and inclusive of all workshop materials and catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
This program is a blended learning program consisting of two components.
- Online Pre-Learning Modules: approx 15.5 hours (including assessments). Modules must be successfully completed prior to attending the workshop.
- Face to face Workshop: 8 hours. The workshop will include theory and practical demonstrations and activities. Assessment will require participants to administer saline injections and be assessed on injection techniques.
What others think about this course
"Thanks to the Guild for accomodating me in your very last workshop before covid restriction took place.
With Helen be the organizer, the whole experience of the training day felt really smooth from start to finish. She went above and beyond from choosing the venue to taking care of our parkings, our lunches and making sure that the training was most comfortable to all of us.
Our trainer on the day was Sarah, the nurse educator from Monash Health did more than just an amazing job. She was so professional and thorough. She showed great skills and experiences in both lecturing and practical aspects of the workshop. She was genuinely patient and empathetic. I truly felt blessed to have met and learned from her.
Walking away from the workshop, I have now been able to give flu jabs to many of our patients in store with confidence and great success."
B.Pharm (HON), ACP
“The Guild immunisation training was a great opportunity to learn a new skills that will eventually help the community well beings and public health in general, It was well organised and presenter was very well informed.”
MPH (Griffith Uni.) |MSHPA | FPGEE (USA)
To successfully complete the course, registered pharmacists must provide evidence of completion and currency of the following pre-requisites
- Current general registration with AHPRA (confirmed during enrolment).
- ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for pharmacists. Successful completion of this free online training course. Available at:
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID011 or HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid ), current certificate. This should be renewed every three years.
- Provide CPR (HLTAID009 or HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation), current certificate. This should be renewed yearly.
- Online Pre-Learning Modules, successful completion of all modules and assessments. Due to the changing nature of this course, the online units are currently being amended. You will receive notification via email once available.
Participants will be issued a Statement of Completion on successful completion of the program requirements. Pre-requisites must be met and satisfactory completion of the online pre-work prior to attending the one day workshop.
Participants will be required during the final assessment, to administer saline injections on another person to demonstrate they can safely and competently administer a vaccine. This will be supervised and assessed by a Nurse Immuniser or Pharmacist who meets the supervision requirements. Participants will be provided with a consent form to accept saline injections as part of the final assessment activities.
Pharmacist Interns Based In Victoria
Please note that the current regulations prevent interns from being able to undertake this course in Victoria until you are registered Pharmacist with AHPRA.
This activity has been accredited for a total of 23.5 Hours (23.5 Group 1 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan which can be converted to 23.5 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 47 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities