IT’S A GREAT TIME TO ACCESS CERTIFICATE TRAINING FOR YOUR PHARMACY ASSISTANTS
Investing in the development of your team provides them with career pathways, increases engagement and improves sales, customer satisfaction and health outcomes.
A Certificate in Community Pharmacy will provide your staff with a formal qualification that is targeted to increase knowledge, skills and confidence.
Skills First Funding – Victorian Subsidised Training
The Victorian Training Guarantee makes vocational training more accessible to pharmacy assistants who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold.
Government-subsidised training places are available to pharmacy assistants who meet the eligibility criteria.
- citizenship requirements
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than their existing qualification
- seeking to enrol in a school based traineeship
Eligibility will be determined by Guild training and other criteria may apply.
Up to $2,200 fee contribution
Commonwealth Trainee Incentives – Traineeships
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program provides a number of incentives to assist employers who take on a Trainee. A traineeship is a training contract between an employer and an employee in which the trainee learns the occupation.
Trainees can be anyone of working age who is suitable for employment in the particular industry.
To qualify for this funding, staff must:
- meet citizenship requirements
- be a permanent or part-time employee working a minimum of 13 hours per week
- meet ‘new worker’ requirements (employed < 3 months full time or <12 months part-time)
- have not completed a qualification within the last 7 years*
Eligibility is determined by an Australian Apprenticeships Centre (AAC). Guild Training can assist by providing details of your local AAC. (* Qualification exemptions may apply, discuss eligibility with your AAC.)