This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
These skills and knowledge may be applied in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Learners will receive at the successful completion of the course Statement of Attainment in the following unit of Competency: HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Learners will be required to complete an online pre learning assessment to gain underpinning knowledge of first aid prior to attneding the one day face to face workshop.
- Complete all 162 multiple choice questions within the pre learning exam
- Must receive a pass mark of 80%
- Learners that have a current first aid certificate are not required to complete the pre-learning questions but must show evidence that they are certified with a current fist aid certificate on enrolment
- Complete 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%on the day of the course
- Demonstrate effective CPR to the assessor
- Demonstrate effective bandaging
- Demonstrate effective patient management
Learners will need to work within scenario based role play activities throughout the course.
Course Fees (Hawthorn)
- Guild Members: $120 per person
- Non Guild Members: $180 per person
- AFSPA Pharmacies: $150 per person