The Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s ‘Delivering Immunisation in a Community Pharmacy Setting’ program will provide pharmacist participants with the knowledge, and skills to safely and competently provide vaccination within the community pharmacies as part of the Victorian Pharmacist-Administered Vaccination Program. This program has been recognised by the Victorian Chief Health Officer as an ‘Immuniser program of study’.
The program provides a background to immunisation in Australia, familiarises pharmacists with the resources that are available to support immunisation services, outlines the regulatory requirements which cover the provision of immunisation services within pharmacy, and provides practical skill-based training in safe injection technique.
Pharmacists successfully completing this program will obtain a certificate issued by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia. The course is currently being accredited for CPD by Australian College of Pharmacy.
Guild Member pharmacy – $500.00 (includes employees of member pharmacies – confirmed during enrolment)
Non-member pharmacy – $850.00
Fees are GST-free and inclusive of all workshop materials and catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea).
This program is a blended learning program consisting of two components.
- Online Pre-Learning Modules: approx 15.5 hours (including assessments). Modules must be successfully completed prior to attending the workshop.
- Face to face Workshop: 8 hours. The workshop will include theory and practical demonstrations and activities. Assessment will require participants to administer saline injections and be assessed on injection techniques.
To successfully complete the course, registered pharmacists must provide evidence of completion and currency of the following pre-requisites
– Current general registration with AHPRA (confirmed during enrolment).
– ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for pharmacists. Successful completion of this free online training course. Available at: http://etrainingpharm.ascia.org.au/
– Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), current certificate. This should be renewed every three years.
– Provide CPR (HLTAID001A), current certificate. This should be renewed yearly.
– Online Pre-Learning Modules, successful completion of all modules and assessments. Due to the changing nature of this course, the online units are currently being amended. You will receive notification via email once available.
Please forward evidence of the above requirements and documents/certificates of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will be issued a Statement of Completion on successful completion of the program requirements. Pre-requisites must be met and satisfactory completion of the online pre-work prior to attending the one day workshop.
Participants will be required during the final assessment, to administer saline injections on another person to demonstrate they can safely and competently administer a vaccine. This will be supervised and assessed by a Nurse Immuniser or Pharmacist who meets the supervision requirements. Participants will be provided with a consent form to accept saline injections as part of the final assessment activities.
PHARMACIST INTERNS BASED IN VICTORIA
Please note that the current regulations prevent interns from being able to undertake this course in Victoria until you are registered Pharmacist with AHPRA.
This activity has been accredited for a total of 23.5 Hours (23.5 Group 1 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan which can be converted to 23.5 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 47 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities
Online registration coming soon