CPR Refresher – Sun 28 Apr
April 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFrom70
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
These units of competence outline the knowledge and skills necessary to perform first aid response, life support and management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Learners will receive at the successful completion of the course Statement of Attainment in the following unit of Competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Learners will be required to complete a 3 hour face-to-face workshop.
Learners will need to complete the following assessment prior to the granting of the HLTAID001 Provide Cardio pulmonary resuscitation certificate.
- Demonstrate effective CPR on an adult and infant mannequin for a period of 2 minutes on each mannequin.
Learners will need to work within scenario based role play activities throughout the course.
1.1 Recognise an emergency situation
1.2 Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
1.3 Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
1.4 Seek assistance from emergency response services
2.1 Perform CPR
2.2 Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
2.3 Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
3.1 Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
3.2 Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
3.3 Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Employees of Pharmacy Guild Member Pharmacies – $70 per person
- Employees of AFSPA Member Pharmacies – $70 per person
- Employees of Non Member Pharmacies – Not eligible
- Completion of an online training module is required prior to attending this course.
- Please note that if minimum numbers are not met training may be cancelled and you will be able to reschedule to the next available workshop. Guild Training will contact you should this occur.
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia, Victoria uses Re:VIVA First Aid & Resuscitation Training Pty Ltd – RTOID 90176 to deliver HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
G2018040A This activity has been accredited for 2.5 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 2.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan which can be converted to 2.5 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 5 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.